The Perch Inn Oxford is a fantastic riverside pub. It’s walking distance from the city centre, whilst at the same time feels like it’s in the middle of the countryside. I’ve photographed a number of weddings here, and totally love their relaxed vibe. I wanted to know what their secret was, so I decided to meet up with Deirdra, who manages all their events, to find out more.
Q. So what makes The Perch Inn Oxford one of the most relaxing wedding venues?
Our secret is our happy and really friendly staff! It’s important to us to be relaxed and fit into the wedding day, so our whole team are happy and friendly, it’s that simple! Behind the scenes we are very an organised and efficient bunch, and so on the big day we are professional whilst also having a good time too.
Q. What are the best three things about getting married at The Perch Inn Oxford?
- The beauty of our location. We are based right on the river, so if you are getting married in the city you can give your guests the most wonderful experience by travelling here by boat. You can then lead your guests through the magical fairy-lit woodland path and straight into our stunning back garden.
- Our new marquee. This is a great space, light and airy with lots of different spaces within it. There is also a rustic bar, a lovely seating area, and a piano for decoration.
- Our “Country Feast Sharing Menu” is what we are famous for. It’s a really sociable way to eat, and encourages everyone to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
Well there you have it… I really do rate The Perch Inn as a wedding venue, every wedding I’ve shot there seems to be hassle free, and super relaxed. And see that food up there… it’s as good as it looks and there is LOTS of it too!!! To have more of a feel, take a look at a full wedding at The Perch Inn see here: THE PERCH OXFORD WEDDING
THE PERCH CONTACT DETAILS
- WEBSITE – http://the-perch.co.uk/weddings/
- ADDRESS – Binsey, Oxford, OX2 0NG
- PHONE – 01866728891